Tuesday, August 10, 2010

New apartment!

Found out last week that the landlord accepted us as the new tenants at the place on Allston Street in Cambridgeport! I don't really get how all of this works - all I know is that is good news. I'm super excited - it's a sweet 3 bedroom place on the third floor of a super old building. The landlord lives next door and fully redid the second and third floor of the building a year ago, so everything is still new - new hardwood floors, new wood trim that looks just like the original trim, etc. He has thought of all of the details including sweet locked storage space in the finished basement for each apartment, and bike racks and a laundry room with a half bath in the basement.

Our place is 3 bedrooms with an extra space off the kitchen, which I think we're going to use as a guest room. It's tiny, but will fit a bed (either Amber's twin bed or my futon). Perfs for when everyone comes to visit!

It's in a sweet location with a Whole Foods and Trader Joes within walking distance and a park across the street. It's also a 10 minute walk from Central Square and the T station.

I move in next month!


2 comments:

  1. This is exciting! I guess I'm never going to get to see the old place, but I will definitely come up to the new apartment! :) I read a food story about Boston recently and it made me hungry for lobster and beer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Had more mac and cheese with lobster tonight. Super yummy. PLUS, someone was recommending a place in my soon-to-be 'hood that has awesome lobster rolls. I'll go check it out and let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete